Gut And Psychology Syndrome or GAPS includes learning disabilities and mental disorders, such as autism, ADHD/ADD, dyslexia, dyspraxia, addictions, depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, epilepsy, eating disorders and many other conditions, which affect the function of the brain. Many of these conditions have no established diagnostic labels and present themselves as a mixture of various so-called mental symptoms: mood alterations, memory and cognitive problems, behavioural and social problems, panic attacks, anxiety, involuntary movements, various tics and fits, sensory problems, etc.
Gut And Physiology Syndrome or GAPS includes various chronic physical conditions, which stem from the unhealthy gut, such as autoimmune conditions (celiac disease, rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes type one, multiple sclerosis, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, systemic lupus erythematosus, osteoarthritis, Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, autoimmune skin problems, etc.), atopic conditions (asthma, eczema, various allergies), food allergy/intolerance, chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, ME, multiple chemical sensitivity, arthritis, PMS and other menstrual problems, many endocrine disorders (thyroid, adrenal and other) and all digestive disorders (such as irritable bowel syndrome, gastritis and various colitis). Many conditions do not fit into any diagnostic box and can present as a mixture of symptoms: digestive problems, fatigue, muscular weakness, cramps and abnormal muscle tone, pain and ache in joints and muscles, skin problems, hormonal abnormalities.
In almost all cases the symptoms from both GAP Syndromes overlap: people with mental problems suffer physical symptoms (painful joints and muscles, fatigue, skin problems, asthma, hormonal problems, autoimmunity), while people with physical conditions have mental symptoms (such as depression, ‘brain fog’, inability to concentrate, mood swings, sleep abnormalities, memory problems, anxiety, tremors, tics, fits, etc.). When the digestive system is unwell, so instead of being a source of nourishment, it becomes a major source of toxicity in the body, nothing in the body can function well. Any organ, any system, any cell can show symptoms of distress – usually many of them respond with some symptoms.
GAPS programme varies from conventional methods in many ways and these are only some of the advantages to my approach:
- Simple and straight forward – It’s very easy to understand and follow. There are no complicated formulas. You do not need to weigh the ingredients you use or keep an eye on the portions, in fact it’s totally the opposite, you will be able to eat meals in your desired portion sizes!
- Affordable – You will not be asked to buy expensive shakes, ready meals or ingredients. My programme will be set for 6- 12 months, dependent upon the weight you would like to achieve. You pay a one-off cost for the programme with no hidden extras. It means if you split your cost monthly it works out extremely affordable as I guide you with tailor made dietary advice along your weight loss journey.
- Convenient– You will spend only a small amount of time during the day on preparing your food and cleaning your kitchen allowing you more time to focus on the other things you care about.
- Powerful– You should expect to see some results after just one week!
- Flexible– You can adapt the programme to fit your current lifestyle, holidays or evenings out. You can focus your time on the gym or any other sport/workouts if you want to stay fit, healthy and flexible whilst using the programme to further help with healthy weight loss. Whilst I believe that partaking in sport and fitness are beneficial to your health and promote healthier wellbeing physically and mentally; If sports or the gym are not your cup of tea then that is fine but keep moving throughout the day. Even walking promotes great health benefits!